A marketing message should, within 30 seconds,
allow the reader, viewer or listener to decide “I want to know more” or “This isn’t for me.”
That’s right, your marketing message should drive uninterested parties away. I know that this is counter-intuitive. It flies in the face of most marketing literature that touts the marketer’s ability to attract more and more business for you.
The reality is that attracting ‘buyers’ who aren’t really interested in your offerings produces some ugly results including:
- Wasting your time, energy and money
- Increasing the number of sales rejections
- Discounting to close sales
- Causing you to doubt the value of your offerings
- Taking on customers who cost you money
- Adding needless infrastructure
This self-assessment will help you determine the effectiveness of your current marketing messages. Enjoy!