NOTE: I will be out of town and have limited phone and email access until May 20, 2013. Your order will be filled promptly upon my return. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Dale Furtwengler
For your convenience, I’ve listed the books by category:
- Growth/established businesses
- Startups/solo entrepreneurs
- Personal development
The Uniqueness Myth…and other misconceptions that derail businesses
A lot of business owners have dismissed sound advice, from others as well as from me, with the phrase ‘my business is different.’ While there are certainly nuances associated with any business, my experience has been that there are five things that every business must do well in order to succeed. They must – market, sell, produce, deliver and do the paperwork.
When business owners do these things well, they’re successful. When they get distracted by the nuances of their business, they get into trouble. The Uniqueness Myth was written to demonstrate the commonality of business across industry lines AND highlight misconceptions that create problems instead of solving them.
The Uniqueness Myth was written in modular form which means that you can read only the chapters that relate to issues you’re currently facing. Each chapter begins with a core concept – the key to success in that particular aspect of your business. The Uniqueness Myth chapters are:
- Customer service
- Organizational structure
- Work environment
329 pages/$27.95 delivered in 3 to 5 business days
Making the EXCEPTIONAL Normal
- Cut 16,000 hours out of 40,000 hour budget
- Cut a client’s billing cycle from 3 weeks to 2 days without adding staff, working overtime or changing their software
- Had a client say “I learn more about what’s going on in my business in 2 hours than I used to in a whole week.”
If that weren’t enough this system is simple and easy-to-implement. Your leaders will learn to:
- Keep employees focused on your company’s most valuable work
- Engage employees in identifying and eliminating system inefficiencies
- Improve talent retention through greater employee satisfaction
- Enhance your customers’ experience
Wouldn’t you like results like those outlined above? They’re yours for the asking. Order now!PREVIEW: Introduction
104 pages/$11.95 delivery in 3 to 5 business days
Pricing for Profit
- I’m tired of working my tail off and not making any money.
- My revenues are way up, but my profits hardly grew at all.
- I’d raise my prices, but my competitors won’t raise theirs.
- I want to be the Nordstrom of my industry, but I don’t know how to get there.
In Pricing for Profit you’ll discover:
- How your buying habits impact your attitude toward sales
- Why most businesses are woefully under compensated for the value they provide
- How to determine the value of your offerings from your customer’s perspective
- How to quantify the value of your offerings, even when there’s nothing on the market like it
- The four elements of an effective pricing strategy and how to implement them
I’m not talking about your typical ‘inflationary’ price increase. Anyone who is providing value consistently can get those. I’m talking about double digit price increases that still allow your customers to get great value. Doubt that it’s possible? Then view the testimonials highlighted below.
Brand Promise: What Do YOUR Customers Expect?
Without a clear brand promise your customers won’t know what to expect from you and you won’t have any way to profile your ideal customer. Without that profile your marketing messages will be so generic that they’ll appeal to no one, your sales scripts so vague that they’ll confuse prospective buyers and a pricing strategy that can’t possibly reflect the value your customers will get.
Brand Promise leads you, step by step, through the process I use to help my clients create their brand promise, compelling tag lines and what you need to do to consistently deliver on that promise. This ebook will guide you through the process of:
- Creating your brand promise
- Identifying what your customers really value
- Creating a compelling tag line
- Field testing your tag line
- Delivering on your brand promise
Here’s what one client told me “I’m tired of not being able to communicate clearly what my clients will get.” Brand Promise will help you avoid that dilemma.PREVIEW: Introduction
24 pages/$7.95 shipped via email within 24 hours
7 Steps to Becoming INVALUABLE
- Get frequent job offers for more money
- Tell me stories about his wife and kids that let me know that his relationship with them, which was already good, had gotten better
- Had gained so much influence with the Elder board in his church that they invited him to become their administrative pastor
I’ve taken the lessons this CEO gleaned from the coaching sessions and put them into 7 Steps to Becoming INVALUABLE, so that you can enjoy the kinds of success he did. Using this system he had made himself the ‘go to’ guy where he worked, with his family members and within the Elder board of his church. He made himself invaluable to all those whose lives he touched.
The concepts are simple, but like anything worthwhile, there is some work involved initially. Very quickly you’ll find that you’ve developed new habits that have translated into new ways of viewing the world, crafting solutions and helping others. Within weeks it’ll become so natural that people will think you’ve been born with a special gift. Give yourself the gift that gives on giving, order your copy of 7 Steps to Becoming INVALUABLE today.
41 pages/$8.95 shipped via email within 24 hours
The information in these books comes from 40+ years in the business world including:
3 with a national CPA firm
17 in corporate CFO positions
24 as a business consultant
During that time I’ve also been a student who has found that an eclectic education allows me to make connections that others aren’t able to make. Connections like tying entropy, the second law of thermodynamics, to leadership to help business leaders better understand their roles. The books on this page represent the most valuable lessons I’ve learned.
What makes these lessons so valuable? They allow me to develop strategies and craft solutions that are simple, inexpensive and easy to implement.
A colleague told a group of business leaders “Dale has a knack for simplifying everything.” Each of these books were written with that goal in mind.
Training, coaching and facilitation are available for all book topics.